PAX Therapy and Family Services is a leading therapy center with the best depression specialist in Whittier, CA. Our customized treatment approach and use of evidence-based practices help our clients attain a safe, speedy, and sustainable recovery from their mental health issues.
When to seek help from a psychologist?
You should meet with a psychologist if you feel mentally disturbed or find an issue in your personal or professional life upsetting you. A consultation with a therapist can help if you experience frequent mood swings, emotional outbursts, delusions, or hallucinations.
If you cannot cope with daily activities or find yourself withdrawing from social activities and relationships, you must meet with a therapist asap. The same goes for experiencing self-harming thoughts or suicidal tendencies.
How our psychologists treat depression?
Our psychologists in Whittier, California, are trained mental health professionals with several years of experience helping patients recover from mental health issues. Our depression treatment for teenagers focuses on:
- Pinpointing life events that contribute to your depression
- Helping you learn new ways to change, accept or adapt to stressful and triggering life situations
- Directing and guiding you to determine realistic goals for the future
- Helping you Identify distorted thought processes and destructive behaviors that often lead to feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Develop critical life skills and coping tools to manage and overcome the symptoms of depression and gradually attain holistic recovery.
We predominantly use cognitive behavioral therapy and interpersonal therapy to address depression in our patients. Our therapists use the most advanced treatment modalities to treat depression and help our clients attain comprehensive recovery.
Our team of depression experts
Our compassionate, empathetic, and experienced team of therapists, offers unsurpassed depression treatment in Whittier, CA. Our team of Whittier therapists and psychologists include:
- TImothy Mclaurin – Timothy is a leading psychologist, with specialization in trauma, PTSD, anxiety, and depression. Tim is a skilled expert in handling clients facing issues/difficulties in spirituality, racial identity, and child or adolescent-related areas. He is one of the few licensed psychologists to help individuals suffering from mood disorders overcome their mental health challenges and attain improved emotional wellness. Timothy uses Christian counseling, person-centered, and trauma-focused therapy to help his clients overcome their shortcomings.
- Humberto Garcia – With over 12 years of experience working with high-risk youth and homeless adults, Humberto knows what it takes to help his clients overcome grief, trauma, depression, anxiety, and strained relationships.
- Monica Jessey – Monica specializes in handling individuals from the LGBTQ+ community and helps them overcome issues relating to anxiety, stress, trauma, PTSD, depression, and family conflict. She is also a reliable expert with vast experience in helping her clients manage and recover from mood and personality disorders.
- Alma Pacheco –Alma is a marriage and family therapist and handles individuals seeking support with parenting, postpartum depression, marital troubles, and personality disorders.
Call us at 714-587-4543 to schedule a consultation with one of our therapists at Pax Therapy and Family services. As a leading therapy center for trauma, depression, anxiety, and personality issues, we offer unsurpassed quality psychological services at budget-friendly prices. Our depression specialist in Whittier, CA, Humberto Garcia, is a leading psychologist, and he accepts Cigna and out-of-network PPO benefits.
Whittier CA 90605